This year could use some more positive things, and a small little positive to add to the year is the ability to get creative while staying home. One drink brand that I discovered this year, is Daydream drinks. This sparkling water brand is the first hemp and adaptogen infused sparkling water with no sugar or caffeine. The drink formulas work with your immune system to help increase focus, reduce fatigue and stress levels.
Let’s circle back to the distinct ingredients that make these drinks unique. The hemp and adaptogens really stand out for Daydream beverages. Some of the feature ingredients include:
- Hemp Extract to help with balance and clarity
- Schisandra to reduce stress
- Moringa acts as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- Ginseng to help increase focus and memory
Some great times to drink one of these drinks could be to get through a workday or to help relieve stress in the evening to help wind down. Those are situations that make me want to open up a can. They feature some really great flavour combinations, so there is a flavour for everybody.
You probably came here for the actual drink recipes, so let’s jump right into that now!
Daydream at the Spa
This one is for the fans of matcha and green drinks! I’ve only ever had one sparkling matcha in my life and I was a fan. This drink is a creation of spa-like flavours, mixed with the added benefits and flavour of matcha.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this drink:
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- hot water
- ice cubes
- Cucumber and lime Daydream
Matcha Drink Recipe
- Scoop your matcha powder into your glass and add hot water to fill 1/3 of your cup. Use a whisk or handheld frother to mix the powder with the water until well combined.
- Once combined, add in a few iced cubes to cool down the matcha mixture you just created.
- Open a can of cucumber and lime Daydream and pour over the matcha until the glass is full.
Enjoy the wonderful flavour of the cucumber-strong matcha drink, with the adding sparkling bubbles addition that you don’t normally get to experience with a matcha beverage.
Daydream at Brunch
Move over mimosa, this is the new bunch drink that you’ll be craving over and over again. Think of this as the adult fruit punch that looks pretty and tastes even better. Like the other drink recipes in this blog post, it also comes complete with the hemp extract and adaptogens featured in all Daydream drinks.
- 6 frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- Peach and ginger Daydream
Brunch Drink Recipe
- Place your frozen berries in the bottom of your cup. These will act as the ice cubes to keep your drink cold and add a little extra flavour as they thaw.
- Pour your glass half full or your preferred orange juice drink.
- Top off the rest of your glass with the peach and ginger Daydream drink and you are good to go!
The best part is that you can keep topping yourself off for as long as you’ve got the orange drink and Daydream drink. This is a mocktail that you can easily make alcohol with the addition of a little extra something of your choice!
Daydream by the Fireplace
If you’ve been looking for a recipe in this blog post that finally includes alcohol, this could be the drink you’ve been waiting for. This drink combines the warm spices of chai with the deep fruity flavour of the blackberry, which is the main flavour of the Daydream drink, but I’ve gone the extra mile to bring out those flavours a lot more.
Break out your cocktail shaker and the rest of these ingredients…
- 1 ounce gin (I used the famously purple coloured Empress 1908 Gin)
- chai tea (I used a herbal pink chai, but any chai will do)
- ice cubes
- 6 blackberries
- Blackberry and chai Daydream
Chai berry Drink recipe
- Start this drink by brewing a cup of chai tea and let it steep for 5-7 minutes.
- Fill up your cocktail shaker with ice and pour your chai tea over the ice to chill it once it is done steeping.
- Add in 1 ounce of gin into the shaker.
- Shake up your mixture and pour over a couple of ice cubes in your drinking glass.
- Fill up the rest of the drink with the blackberry and chai Daydream drink until just about full.
- Garnish with blackberries and drink!
If you want to make this and skip out on the alcohol, you can definitely just leave out the gin and make yourself a mocktail. If you do not own a cocktail shaker, you can also pour the ingredients into your glass individually and stir at the end. Grab yourself a drink or make some for everyone and cozy up by the fireplace or fireplace channel and enjoy this sparkling chai drink with a hint of berry flavour.
Drink Recipes for the Holidays and Beyond
Make one of the drinks, or all of them, and enjoy! It doesn’t matter if you want to fully embrace the holiday season, would rather be spending time working on self-care or be at the spa, or if your wanderlust would be much happier enjoying a beach vacation. The colour of the drinks play into the holiday vibes, but they all give completely different flavour profiles in order to take your mind and daydream somewhere else.